August is almost upon us. August brings with it the day the body that owns the authors on this blog was born. Yessirreee, The SloMan, The LastWord, LeggieLefty and the PeevedPunjabi were born in August. In order to celebrate, I am offering you an easy way to wish me well.
Instead of me writing a self-congratulatory birthday post, as I usually do, I am turning it over to you. All through August, I shall accept guest posts written specifically for this blog, SloWord.
Terms and Conditions: ( Hint: Only the ones in blue really matter… )
- They need not all be laudatory. 🙂 You can give me “feedback”. I promise I won’t cry. I’m a big boy now, almost ready for those pull-ups, again.
- Memoirs? Yep. Those stories when you and I…..
- Stories / legends about okra? Hell, yeah!
- Cats and Kittens? Meh. If you absolutely must.
- They need not follow a pattern.
- Or a method.
- There are no length restrictions.
- There are no format restrictions.
- Poetry? Sure.
- Limericks? Yup.
- Prose? Of course.
- Blend of poetry and prose? Knock your socks off.
- Readable? Yes.
- Understandable? Yes.
- Grammar? Please. Modern usage is allowed. I expect that you have you’re apostrophes in the right place and that your familiar with the use of commas and semicolons 🙂 🙂 Their, they’re! It’s ok, if you don’t. Really!
- Text speak. Avoid!
- Nouns as verbs? Please!! NO!!
- Verbs as nouns? See immediately above. Strictly verboten!!
- Profanity? Within reason, within context and limited.
- How many can you submit? You can submit as many as you like.
- Where do you send it? Please email all submissions to TheLastWord2608@gmail.com
- What text format should you use? I will accept plain text ( .txt), Rich Text (.rtf), MS-Word ( .doc / .docx ), Pages ( .pages).
- What do I do with photos and links? Put all photos in to the document as well with links.
- What else? Don’t forget to submit with your post a brief introduction to yourself and a link to your blog. I want to make sure you get credit for it.
Don’t be shy, folks. This is your golden opportunity to tell me how you really, really feel!
Happy birthmonth to me! Come on, August!
This Post Has 0 Comments
Oh, boy. I can’t even come up with a post for my own blog! Perhaps though I’ll think about something birthday-like and see what comes…..
No pressure! It’s entirely optional 🙂
Nice one !
Ananya Fashions and More
Thank you! Would you like to submit a post about dressing up for a birthday party? Because, I’ll post it, for sure!
oh boy!! I am truly tempted to write one…. 🙂
Go ahead! You have plenty of time! even a haiku or four will do.
Now this is a great idea!
isn’t it? And I thought of it all by myself! I’m so proud of me.. 🙂
Go ahead and write… open to all.
I want to…
Please do go ahead! I’d love it if you did.
Well, a very happy birthday to all of you 🙂
I have to tell you something before it evaporates from my mind as these things do. I dreamt last night that you had written some sort of computer programme which could teleport people… so I went into your blog and it spat me out in Canada.
I was standing in your kitchen, wrapped in just a bed sheet, and your two blonde daughters (I have no idea if you even have any daughters in real life) showed me around the house. Then your wife appeared, and she introduced me to your three lovely cats. Yes, CATS. Three of them. One of the pampered furry goddesses, snow white with emerald green eyes, meowed at me from her velvet cushion throne. They were all a bit fat, these cats of yours, I noticed.
And then, it transpired that we had a serious problem… you’d not yet written the “return” code. This teleporting malarkey was a one-way ticket at this stage. It could take a few more months, you said.
Just as I was about to strangle you, I was woken by a SMS from a friend wanting to meet for brekkie tomorrow. Phew!
I really DID dream this last night, no shit.
HAHAHA! That is a great start to my birthmonth!
Not sure how I ( or my Beloved Bangalan) would react to a strange woman in our kitchen wrapped in just a bedsheet.
Listen, if I had two blonde daughters, someone would have whole lot of ‘splainin’ to do!
This just made my day!
You seem curiously unconcerned about the cat part. And there was I thinking that would horrify you the most…
That’s because I discovered that there is a pellet gun in the house… Cats! I know how to deal with cats!
Make yourself a blow pipe… that’s what my dad used to do to protect his bird feeder 😉
a blowpipe? with my 2 half lungs? No – pellet gun will work better
Pingback: The Second Annual Birthmonth Festival – SloWord