The Irregular Sloword BirthMonth Festival.
This is Festival with the snappy title comes along every summer. Usually in August, for August is my BirthMonth. Submission windows vary depending on my mood, travel plans, other considerations such as expected influx, boredom levels <insert reason of choice>.
Check dates in the poster at right of this page for latest dates.
And every year Sloword, the blog, has the distinct drudg..honour of hosting guests on its quite purply website, during The Irregular SloWord BirthMonth Festival.
- All submissions must be your own original work and free from the plague, you know, plagiarism.
- All submissions must have not been previously published, on social media, websites or any other medium
- You will hold off on republishing this anywhere for a period of 30 days. You are highly encouraged to link to the work as published on Sloword.
- If you write in a language other than English, a translation / explanation or notes would be very much appreciated by all and sundry.
- There is no bar on type of work. Poetry, essays, humour, travelogues, fiction, recipes, et al. You pick, you write, we accept.
- Sloword, the man, not the blog, will offer mild editing, milder feedback and very mild abuse if you're careless, carefree and/or full of cat love and hate okra.
- Submit early for publication is usually on a first come and first served basis, aka FIFO.
The Festival Features
Here they are, the pieces submitted by guests who have taken part in this August Festival celebration. Check them out, while you're here. They are poetic, creepy, mysterious and very good. Not to mention murderous...
2021 - The Special 100!
Letter to Love and Hate - by Mona Banerjee
Will I Be a Book One Day? - by Ashesh Mitra
Yes, I said so - by Indrani Ganguli
The New Facebook - A MMORPG - by TF Carthick
Dubai Calls - by Shiva Kumar
The Magic of Retirement - by Suresh Chandrasekaran
The Masquerade - by Indrani Ganguli